This is the Triennial Year for a combined meeting of Aquaculture America and the World Aquaculture Society. Participation in the sessions and trade show is expected by 4000 individuals from over 90 countries, bringing together an incredible amount of the world’s expertise in all phases of aquaculture and related industries.
The USTFA will be actively involved throughout the event. This includes holding a Board Meeting, sponsoring a Technical Session dedicated to issues of importance to the future of trout aquaculture and conducting the annual business session for the USTFA membership.
The technical session is to be chaired by Gary Fornshell of the University of Idaho.
Among the presentations are:
Gregory Wiens, NCCWA (Timothy D. Leeds, NCCCWA, and Scott E. LaPatra, Clear Springs Foods, Inc.) speaking on Production-Scale Farm Evaluation of the ARS-Fp-R line of BCWD Resistant Rainbow Trout.
Ken Overturf, USDA-ARS, presenting – Improving Growth and Utilization of Plant-based Feeds in Rainbow Trout
Jeffrey M. Hinshaw, North Carolina State University, will present Challenges and Solutions in the Eastern US Trout Industry – Status and Emerging Issues –
Gary Fornshell of the University of Idaho will close the technical session with Challenges and Solutions in the Western US Trout Industry – Status and Emerging
Following the technical session Sean Nepper, the USTFA president will chair the annual United States Trout Farmers Association Business Meeting.
For more information on Aquaculture America, the USTFA activities, registration information and presentations check out the website (https://www.was.org/meetings/)
Register for the conference here:
AQUACULTURE 2016 Every three years, the Triennial is held somewhere in the United States. In 2016, the Triennial returns to the exciting city of Las Vegas, Nevada!
THE TRIENNIAL IS THE LARGEST AQUACULTURE MEETING IN THE WORLD! The Triennial is the largest aquaculture conference and tradeshow held in the world with nearly 4000 attendees from over 90 countries and even more countries are expected to have attendees at AQUACULTURE 2016.
The Triennial combines the annual meetings of the World Aquaculture Society, National Shellfisheries Association, Fish Culture Section of the American Fisheries Society, and the National Aquaculture Association. In addition to the annual meetings of the main sponsors, look what else is happening at AQUACULTURE 2016!
- AQUACULTURE AMERICA – Annual Meeting of the U.S. Chapter of World Aquaculture Society, the National Aquaculture Association, and the U.S. Aquaculture Suppliers Association.
- Annual Meeting of the American Tilapia Association
- Annual Meeting of the Striped Bass Growers Association
- Annual Meeting of the U.S. Trout Farmers Association
- Special sessions organized by Aquacultural Engineering Society and International Association of Aquaculture Economics and Management
- Many other meetings of working groups, government agencies and related aquaculture activities
- Program with technical sessions and producers seminars covering virtually all species grown by aquaculture
- AND – look at all of the Associate Sponsors who are participating in the program development! The last Triennial was held in 2013 in Nashville where it was pronounced a huge success by the nearly 3000 people who attended. Don’t miss this Triennial!