Courtesy of NAA:
Senators Thom Tillis (R-NC) and Alex Padilla (D-CA) recently introduced bipartisan legislation to improve access to federal agriculture disaster programs. This bill will directly benefit U.S. aquaculture producers.
The Fair Access to Agriculture Disaster Programs Act (S. 2704/ H.R. 4127) would waive the adjusted gross income limitation for farms that derive 75% of their income from farming, ranching, or related farming practices for the following disaster programs:
- Emergency Assistance for Livestock, Honeybees and Farm-Raised Fish Program (ELAP)
- Noninsured Crop Disaster Assistance Program (NAP)
- Livestock Forage Disaster Program (LFP)
- Livestock Indemnity Program (LIP)
- Tree Assistance Program (TAP)
Contact your Senators and ask for their Support!