This position is located within the Department of Commerce (DOC), National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA), National Marine Fisheries Service (NMFS), Northeast Fisheries Science Center (NEFSC) with one vacancy located in Milford, CT.
The Supervisory Research Fish Biologist will perform the following duties:
- Provide scientific leadership to other scientists and stakeholders on shellfish aquaculture, aquaculture and environmental interactions and shellfish responses to climate change.
- Provide national and international leadership and coordination for research support activities related to the Aquaculture Systems and Ecology Branch mission.
- Apply expert knowledge of aquaculture, biology, ecology, and/or climate change to meet the branch’s mission to conduct research to improve our understanding of the ecology of estuarine, coastal and off-shore waters.
- Provide effective management of personnel, budget and other resources to support the Branch’s mission. Plans and distributes work to be accomplished by Branch members; sets and adjusts short- and long-term goals.
- Write and contribute to internal and external reports, peer-reviewed papers and publications. Presents oral and poster presentations based on research products to scientific and non-technical audiences.
- Collaborate in lab and center wide committees as assigned.